Wythenshawe Community Housing Group (WCHG) manages almost 14,000 properties, providing homes for more than 29,000 people in Wythenshawe, South Manchester.
Awarded ‘Investors in People’ Health & Wellbeing and officially recognised by the Top Employers Institute as a Top Employer UK, three years running since 2019, WCHG is now amongst an elite group of world class organisations recognised for demonstrating a commitment to high performance through excellent people management and provides local employment to 530 colleagues.
WCHG boasts an impressive development portfolio which aims to deliver on average 1,100 new homes over the next five years with £195m estimated investment, leaving a lasting legacy in our communities.
Our purpose is to provide good quality homes and services to our tenants and leaseholders and to play a leading role in creating safer, healthier communities. The below guidance details our nine guiding principles, to deliver our purpose we will:
- Put tenants and leaseholders first
- Respect the diverse needs of our customers
- Develop and support our community directly and through partnership
- Be a leading custodian of Wythenshawe’s green spaces in line with its ‘Garden City’ heritage
- Invest in homes and reduce our carbon footprint
- Balance the interests of our current and future generations
- Invest in an inclusive staff team
- Be financially resilient and strong
- Have a business head and a social heart