Yellow Jigsaw is a community-minded, outcomes-focused communications consultancy. From developing your marketing strategy to managing your press relations, your communications needs are in the hands of a team of journalists and events specialists.
As a Community Interest Company, Yellow Jigsaw’s approach is to give a voice to those who otherwise may not have a platform to share their views and experiences. Not only do we work in this way with your workforce and tenants, but we also use our surplus to invest in social value projects including Media Cubs – a pop-up TV studio and newsroom that gives primary school children in disadvantaged areas across Greater Manchester the skills and confidence to share their views and make their own news.
We also run a community newsroom called “Talking About My Generation: which upskills people aged 50 and over to report on news stories across Greater Manchester that challenge ageing stereotypes.
We have been working with Warrington Housing Association as their outsourced PR department since 2017. Our role covers a range of communications consultancy, all of which are delivered with the aim of upskilling and empowering the workforce to feel confident to capture and share the organisation’s ‘good news’ stories:
- Delivered a six-week staff challenge: five teams of staff had to report on a news story within the organisation and present the story in a range of formats – including video, blogs and social media posts. The aim of the challenge was to upskill staff and help them understand how to identify and capture stories that showcase the great work achieved by the organisation on a daily basis. The teams created more than 30 pieces of content in total, spanning a range of topics from an apprentice success story to a charity fundraising event. As a result of the challenge, the staff felt more confident in identifying good news stories to bring to the attention of the communications team and understood their role in the organisation’s communication strategy.
- Ongoing support to the communications team including social media training, PR planning and delivery.
- Development and delivery of a Reputation Risk Management plan and ad-hoc crisis communications support.
- Planning and editing of tenant newsletter
- Monthly trade and community press relations